L3 Early Years Educator Apprentice SMALL TALK NURSERIES LTD
A fantastic opportunity under the guidance of senior staff, you will provide the highest level of care and education for all children attending the setting. Whilst gaining hands on experience in a high quality childcare setting you will be working towards a recognised childcare qualification.
Closing date: 01 Mar 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36
Possible start date
04 Mar 2024
29 Jan 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- With support provide high standards of care and education to meet the individual needs of all children
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures at all times
- Acquire and maintain positive working partnerships with staff, parents and carers
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Provide a positive practice role model
- With support contribute to a high standard of quality within the nursery, including practice, environment and resources to meet the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- With support prepare and supervise activities
- Supervise and support children at all times
- With support ensure that equality of access and opportunity is provided to all children, parents, staff and visitors
- Ensure that all children are kept safe
- Notify Designated Officer of any safeguarding concerns
- Maintain a positive attitude at all times with children, parents, colleagues and visitors
- With support develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, parents and carers
- Ensure confidentiality, where appropriate, is maintained
- Adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures and undertake a shared responsibility for cleanliness and health and safety throughout the nursery
- With support work as part of a team to ensure the company’s values are maintained
- Attend monthly staff meetings, planning meetings and undertake training as required
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by line manager
- A warm, caring, patient nature
- Excellent communication skills
- A sense of responsibility
- To be consistent and fair
- To have a sense of humor
- To be creative
- An awareness of safety and hygiene
- To be an enthusiastic team member
To work well under pressure.
To be efficient, organized, hardworking and reliable.
To have a sound knowledge of childcare.
The duties and responsibilities included in this job specification are not exhaustive or restrictive and can be reviewed at any time in the future, changes and other duties deemed relevant to this post may be added.
The training you will be getting
- Early Years Educator Level 3 Standard Apprenticeship Qualification.
- Training will be provided on an ongoing daily basis and when required. Course is delivered in the workplace only. An assessor will be allocated to you to progress you through you course. Continual assessments, coupled with assignments / or exams depending on course of study.
- Time spent training will be part of the agreed contracted hours of the working week.
- At the end of your training, you will sit an exam and submit course work as part of your assessment, and you will receive a Level 3 qualification.
- Functional Skills English and maths qualifications form a mandatory part of all apprenticeships and must be completed before an apprentice can pass through gateway. The requirements are detailed in the current version of the apprenticeship funding rules.
- You will join a well-established team of practitioners, who will help to provide quality coaching and mentoring to achieve all of the requirements needed to achieve your qualification.
- You will also achieve a paediatric first aid qualification.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Possible long term employment within the setting
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent Early Years Practitioner L2 (Grade Pass) Essential
About the employer
SAPPHIRE LOGISTICS & CONSULTANCY LTD
Adjustments for experience
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.