Haze is a fast-paced environment; we require someone who is extroverted and willing to learn new skills. This role requires communicating with clients on a daily basis, so great transferable skills are key. You will start with admin and receptionist/customer service duties, moving on to styling/cutting as the apprenticeship progresses.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2024
Haze offers employees a bonus based on services and retail products sold.
Total hours per week: 33
Possible start date
01 Sep 2024
25 Jan 2024
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- Meeting and greeting clients in a friendly and helpful manner
- Assisting qualified Hairdressers with shampooing, providing treatments, blow-drying etc.
- After relevant training, some basic cutting and styling will be involved in this role. This will become more complex as your skills develop
- Working on the reception desk and booking client appointments
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy
- Preparing refreshments for clients
The training you will be getting
This apprenticeship will give you the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to work as a Hairdresser and will include:
- Professionalism and standards
- Behaviour and communication
- Safe working practices
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Cut hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks.
- Style and finish hair using a range of techniques to achieve a variety of looks
- Colour and lighten hair using a range of techniques
- Perming hair
Observations and knowledge tests will be used to assess skills, knowledge and behaviours required for the Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals.
You will attend York College on a day release basis and the qualifications achieved will be Hair Professional Apprenticeship level 2 and Diploma for Hair Professionals – Hairdressing Level 2.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- We expect the apprentice to move to full time Stylist on successful completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 3/D) Essential
GCSE or equivalent one other subject (Grade 3/D) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.