We are a specialist printing company based in Norwich, Norfolk trading since 1968. A friendly experienced team looking to build for the future passing on screen printing skills to a new generation for continued growth. We use the latest software and run screen printing alongside large format printing, digital cutting & waterless UV printing.
Closing date: 29 Feb 2024
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Apr 2024
25 Jan 2024
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- Learning the traditional skills of screen printing
- Building an understanding of material types and their compatible inks
- A typical day could include the processes of screen cleaning and preparation
- Stencil making from artworks
- Ink mixing and printing
- Print is produced utilising a screen print hand bench and a semi-automatic print machine using both convection and UV dryers
The training you will be getting
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the qualification obtained will be a Level 2 Print Operative Apprenticeship Standard. The apprentice will be given sufficient time to undertake their "off-the-job" requirement of the apprenticeship during their working hours.
Throughout your time as an apprentice, you will be supported by both your employer and BPIF Training to achieve the knowledge, skills and behaviours of the apprenticeship through a structured training plan.
You will be assigned a training coordinator who will work with you throughout your apprenticeship to ensure that you have the best training and support available.
Most training and studying will be a combination of regular site-based visits at the employer's premises and occasional remote delivery. Candidates without the required level of maths and English will be required to complete Functional Skills alongside the apprenticeship.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Excellent opportunity once apprenticeship has been completed and relevant experience gained to take over the management of the Screen Printing Department due to incumbent retirement.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
A Level or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
About the employer
BPIF TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 2 (GCSE)
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications