Senior Equine Groom Apprenticeship CHIRON STABLES LIMITED
We are looking to bring a senior apprentice into our team to learn and grow with us. We are driven to invest in someone who is willing to invest themselves in the business. This is a great opportunity for someone who has some experience and is looking to start a supervisory role.
Closing date: 20 Mar 2024
Wages to be discussed with successful candidate and may increase depending on experience.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
25 Mar 2024
25 Jan 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
An international show jumping yard facilitating young horses, sales and training. An ambitious yard looking to grow and are in need of a team who loves the horses and has an interest in detail and growth for themselves.
There is the ability for extreme growth within the job and if it is suited, for someone to stay long term. The position will not be focused on riding but there can be some riding and training involved.
Daily duties to include (but not be limited to):
- Mucking out
- Tacking up
- Turning out / bringing in
The training you will be getting
- You will be working towards the Level 3 Senior Equine Groom Apprenticeship
- You will also work towards gaining Functional Skills qualifications in maths and / or English at Level 1 or 2 if required
- All training provided at the employers premises with the employer and Haddon Training
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- For the right candidate we are willing to pay for someone to take their HGV training, have veterinary training etc. This increases the future earning capacity of the candidate
- Growth into a managerial position is highly possible for someone who can see themselves in a leadership position
- Potential travel to international shows abroad
- Potential beautiful on-site accommodation available
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
HADDON TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Senior equine groom
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.