Apprentice Nursery/Early Years Practitioner Bright Futures Day Nursery
This is an excellent opportunity to work for an established childcare provider in a busy environment. We are looking for an enthusiastic apprentice with a caring nature and willingness to learn new skills.
Closing date: 15 Mar 2024
Increase in pay with experience.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
28 Mar 2024
25 Jan 2024
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- Supporting team leaders in daily task.
- Setting up and clearing up after activities.
- Assisting children with feeding
- Nappy changing once DBS cleared and trained to do so.
- Liaising with parents regarding childs day.
The training you will be getting
- Apprentice will be working towards the L2 Early Years Practitioner Standard.
- Apprentice will be supported via an agreed training plan. Training will be discussed at enrolment and will include input from the employer, training provider and apprentice.
- The apprentice will receive monthly workplace or virtual visits with a dedicated assessor.
- There is no requirement for the selected apprentice to attend college unless the applicants require the successful completion of Functional Skills - Maths and English
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Possibility of a team leader role within the nursery setting upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
THE TRAFFORD COLLEGE GROUP
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.