Clifton Health is offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to work in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Dispensary Assistant.
Closing date: 29 Feb 2024
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
01 Mar 2024
24 Jan 2024
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
The successful candidate will be assisting in the dispensing of medication; gaining key skills assisting customers on the counter. If you are passionate about pursuing a career in the pharmacy sector, this role is a fantastic opportunity with great potential.
Main duties include:
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Receiving prescriptions and ordering prescriptions
- Making up blister packs
- Dispensing once trained
- Labelling of prescriptions
- Liaising with customers over the phone and face to face
- Duping and disposing of medicines
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas.
- Receive incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
The training you will be getting
Pharmacy Services Assistant Level 2.
Functional Skills if required.
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment.
Please refer to above link for more information.
Blended on/off the job training and location to be confirmed.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Apprenticeship Recruitment Team
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.