Apprentice Equine Groom - Horse Care - Equestrian Centre THE EXMOOR CALVERT TRUST LTD
Calvert Trust Exmoor is an activity centre with their very own equestrian centre. They specialise in horse experiences for people with additional needs and disabilities. They also provide regular lesson for riders of all abilities. They are looking for a motivated individual to join their team as a Level 2 apprentice
Closing date: 04 Apr 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
06 Apr 2024
24 Jan 2024
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
Calvert Trust Exmoor is an activity centre with their very own equestrian centre. They specalise in horse expericenes for people with additional needs and disabilities. They also provide regular lesson for riders of all abilities as well as providing training for people who are looking to do separate qualifications within the equine industry.
The successful candidate will be able to do the riding or non- riding pathway, and must be punctional with good time management. Kindness and empathy towards our guests is essential. They must be self motivated and able to follow instructions, well composed and presentable.
The successful candidate must have transportation to and from the yard due to the remote location.
Daily duties include:
- Maintaining a clean yard, ensuring the welfare of the horses at all times
- Assisting with lessons, leading horses, and getting horses ready for the public to ride
- Mucking out
- General yard duties
The training you will be getting
- A level 2 Equine Groom certificate will be awarded on successful completion of the apprenticeship
- All training will take place within the workplace with the employer and supported by a Haddon Training coach
- You will also recieve support from Haddon Training with maths and/ or English Functional Skills Qualification if you have not achieved a Grade 4/C at GCSE (or equivalents) in these subjects
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Possible progression to the Level 3 Senior Groom apprenticeship for the right candidate upon successful completion of the Level 2 apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
HADDON TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.