Apprentice Valve Technician (Mechanical Maintenance Engineer) SCORE (EUROPE) LIMITED
The Southampton Engineering Training Association (SETA) is supporting Score Group to recruit a Level 3 Maintenance Operations Engineering Mechanical Technician apprentice to join their team and develop within the organisation. Score Group will put you through various engineering programmes to enable you to work within the maintenance team.
Closing date: 01 Mar 2024
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
09 Sep 2024
24 Jan 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
This is an exciting opportunity to join Score Group, Southampton as an L3 Maintenance Apprentice. You should have an enthusiasm for maintaining equipment and should be prepared to go through various engineering activities, working as part of the maintenance team.
What You Will Do:
- Assist with planned and day-to-day activities within the maintenance team.
- Liaise with the engineering team, supervisors, and key personnel.
- Fault-find and solve situations within the organisation’s plant.
- Complete work planning activities
- Work on improvement activities
- Assist with the installation, repair and proactive maintenance of valves and associated equipment.
- Carry out pressure testing of valve equipment.
- Calibration of various valve controllers and positioners
- Attend SETA, Southampton, for training.
- Gain core skills in engineering.
- Gain knowledge & experience in safety awareness & engagement, quality control and assurance techniques.
- Develop a basic understanding of all equipment within the organisation’s environment
The training you will be getting
Apprentices will undertake a Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard programme. This includes a 20-week full-time practical workshop-based training at SETA’s Centre in Southampton.
You will also begin a L3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (depending on your prior attainments). To achieve this qualification you will be required to attend SETA one day a week over two academic years. After your initial block training at SETA, you will be with your employer for 4 days a week, working on developing your skills for your End Point Assessment.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
An opportunity to progress your career with the organisation. For candidates who do well and wish to progress, there is the opportunity to progress further academic qualifications. Work opportunities include travel to client sites in the UK and overseas with potential offshore trips for the candidates displaying sufficient knowledge, skills and behaviours.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Practical subject (Grade 5) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 5) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
SOUTHAMPTON ENGINEERING TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED (THE)
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Southampton Engineering Training Association (SETA)
Maintenance and operations engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.