You will work full time in Early Years setting as an apprentice, gaining your practical experience. This will involve a range of activities from arts and crafts to singing and outdoor play. You will then attend college to gain your apprenticeship qualification.
Closing date: 23 Jun 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
26 Jun 2024
24 Jan 2024
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
Activities include / to:
- Maintain accurate and effective children’s records
- Respond appropriately to issues requiring confidentiality
- Support, promote and implement policies relating to diversity and equality
- Work well as part of a team
- Work with the team to ensure the smooth running of the nursery day
- Work in partnership with parents
- Attend parent events and meetings as required
The training you will be getting
- Level 2 Early Years Educator depending on previous experience and qualifications, apprentices will attend day release.
- Apprenticeships are made up of the Diploma plus Functional Skills in maths, English and Paediatric First Aid certificate.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Learners can use this qualification to go into various care roles. You can work your way up in the nursery going into team leading and management roles. You could also use your experience to go into teaching, nursing, midwifery, play work and social work. There are many directions you can go with your apprenticeship should you wish.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
CHILTERN TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
0118 9566 995
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.