Warehouse Apprentice (Sheffield Parkwood) HOWDEN JOINERY LIMITED
At Howdens we operate an ‘in stock’ business through all our depots. Our Warehouse Person is responsible for effective stock maintenance, compliance with strict health and safety regulations and high standards of customer service. Duties will include storing goods, moving stock, plus much more.
Closing date: 27 Feb 2024
£15,000 salary Paid holiday entitlement Generous Pension Scheme Team incentives and outings Staff discount on Howdens products.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
04 Mar 2024
23 Jan 2024
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- Deal with customers in a courteous, professional, and knowledgeable way
- Maintain general housekeeping duties within the warehouse, including stock rotation, cleanliness, tidiness and compliance with Health & Safety guidelines
- Carry out security and compliance checks on all incoming stock and outgoing orders while adhering to stock management guidelines to ensure accuracy
- Carry out daily checks on the forklift truck and other mechanical equipment and report all defects to the Depot Manager
- Warehouse operatives work in a variety of warehouse environments
Work activities include:
- Taking deliveries
- Checking for damaged/missing items
- Storing goods
- Moving stock by various methods
- Picking/packing orders
- Loading goods for dispatch
- Maintaining stock records and documentation, and cleaning
They are required to safely use a range of equipment, machinery and vehicles, as relevant to their role and setting. This could include mechanical racking systems, materials handling equipment (MHE) or forklift trucks.
Warehouse operatives communicate with a wide range of people and customers. They have a passion to meet customers’ expectations by providing a quality service that encourages repeat business.
Individuals in this role are highly competent at using industry-recognised systems and associated services (e.g. Traffic/Warehouse Management Systems) and will be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
The training you will be getting
- Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Level 2 - Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Training provided by an in-house Learning & Development Team
Support from an external training provider
- 15-month programme including a minimum 12-month learning period plus end point assessment
- Apprentices without Level 1 English and maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for Level 2 English and maths prior to taking the end-point assessment and completing the apprenticeship
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Full-time employment with Howdens
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
About the employer
HOWDEN JOINERY LIMITED
STAFF SELECT LTD
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.