You will be working alongside qualified technicians where you will be trained in all aspects of the maintenance and repair of commercial vehicles, from routine servicing to electrical fault diagnostics. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to earn a salary and gain a level 3 qualification.
Closing date: 29 Feb 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Mar 2024
23 Jan 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
An exciting opportunity for the apprentices to be trained using the latest diagnostic equipment to provide them with the relevant skills to react to the ever changing technological developments within the car industry. Day to day tasks will always vary but will normally include:
- Vehicle maintenance
- Observing and assisting technicians
- Light Vehicle technicians will be expected to see whether components and systems are secure and working properly.
The Light Vehicle Technicians jobs fall into three categories:
- Servicing - working to manufacturer servicing guidelines to ensure vehicle running at optimum performance
- Maintenance - replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail
- Repair - diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem
The training you will be getting
- Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Level 3 Standard
- Before the Standard is met, all apprentices must hold a certificate that meets the EU’s 2014 F-gas regulation
- Functional skills if required
- Will attend Croxley College on a block release
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- A full-time career within the automotive industry with many opportunities to progress to positions of authority including a Master Technician
- The opportunities are endless
- By having a highly regarded set of skills, apprentices can go on to develop their career within specific interests they may have, whether it be progressing through the dealership or working on large military vehicles in the armed forces
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician - light vehicle
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.