Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware. Diagnose and resolve technical problems, either remotely or on-site. Walk users through problem-solving steps and provide clear instructions.
Closing date: 26 Mar 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
02 Apr 2024
02 Feb 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Install, configure, and upgrade computer hardware components, CCTV equipment and software applications
- Perform routine maintenance tasks to ensure the optimal functioning of computer systems
- Keep an inventory of hardware and software assets
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues and ensure a secure and stable network environment
- Install and maintain network equipment such as routers, switches, and firewalls
- Investigate, analyse, and resolve technical issues in a timely and efficient manner
- Document problem resolution steps and maintain a knowledge base for future reference
- Work closely with other IT professionals in the team
- Keep abreast of technology trends and recommend updates or upgrades to maintain system efficiency
- Ensure that IT systems and practices comply with relevant regulations and standards
- Install and configure computer systems, CCTV, network devices, and peripherals
- Set up and customise software applications based on user needs
- Diagnose and resolve hardware, software, and network issues.
- Provide technical support to end-users, both remotely and in person
- Respond to help desk tickets and prioritize support requests
- Configure and maintain network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless networks
- Implement and maintain security measures to protect the organisation's systems and data
- Install and update antivirus software, firewalls, and other security tools
- Conduct security audits and ensure compliance with security policies
- Ensure the integrity and availability of data by creating and maintaining backup systems
- Perform routine maintenance on hardware components, including cleaning, upgrades, and repairs
- Coordinate with vendors for hardware repairs and warranty services
- Install and manage software updates, patches, and security fixes.
- Ensure that all systems and applications are up to date with the latest versions
- Create and maintain documentation for IT procedures, troubleshooting guides, and FAQs
- Maintain an inventory of IT assets, including hardware, software, and licenses
- Track and manage the lifecycle of IT equipment
- Keep abreast of new technologies, trends, and best practices in the IT field
- Participate in IT projects, such as system upgrades, migrations, and implementations
- Ensure projects are completed within specified timelines and budget constraints
The training you will be getting
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
About the employer
ESTIO TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.