Level 2 Animal Care Apprentice - Pack Leader Dogs Play Ltd
Dogs Play are looking for a hard-working apprentice to join their busy team. The successful candidate will be given the platform and support to develop their skills and launch a career in the Animal Care sector.
Closing date: 29 Feb 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
04 Mar 2024
23 Jan 2024
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
Alongside the level 2 Animal Care Apprenticeship work, duties will include:
- Supervision of dogs (all sizes and ages) Dogs Play work a single pack in the main, at a staff to dog ratio of 1:8
- Enrichment activities
- Cleaning play areas and equipment
- Customer service
The training you will be getting
- All training will be provided on site during your paid working hours. Your day to day mentoring will be with your employer, and a combination of online and in person monthly sessions will be held with your Haddon Training Trainer Coach.
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- After completion, a full time position within the company and the chance to work for an award winning company, with training from accomplished people in this industry, may be available.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
HADDON TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Animal care and welfare assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.