We are looking for enthusiastic people with a passion for sales. Successful candidates will join our existing motivated sales team. You will undertake a Level 4 Sales Executive apprenticeship. You will engage with customers, contribute effectively within a team environment & also manage communications with the cross-functional team in relation to the effective delivery of your sales, such as finance and service delivery, plus more.
Closing date: 29 Mar 2024
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
29 Apr 2024
22 Jan 2024
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
What you will do in your working day
Skills an apprentice will learn: (During on job and off-site training programme)
• Sales planning and preparation: Set effective targets using sales forecasts. Prioritise customers and activities to grow account value and maximise return-on-investment in line with your organisation’s strategy. Formulate or refine customer plans and objectives. Create efficient territory plans where appropriate.
• Customer engagement: Effectively communicate and interpret customer information exchanged through written, verbal and non-verbal communication. Develop a customer engagement style that effectively opens sales conversations, builds rapport, enhances customer relationships, and adapts to different customer’s social preferences.
• Customer needs analysis: Be highly skilled at effective questioning and active listening techniques to understand the customer’s needs, guide the sales conversation appropriately, create mutual understanding, and build trust and affinity with customers.
• Propose and present solutions: Develop sales proposals and deliver them using a presentation style and technique appropriate for your customer. Present relevant products and/or services, explain features and their advantages, and clearly articulate the value and benefit of the solution for the specific customer. Use and adapt a range of techniques to draw-out and overcome common sales objections.
• Negotiate: Research the customer’s likely desired outcomes and negotiating stance. Develop responses to likely objections. Identify your own organisation’s needs, such as minimum price and acceptable terms. Negotiate or trade variables effectively.
• Closing Sales: Be attuned to verbal and non-verbal buying-signals and move to close at an appropriate point in sales conversations. Develop ethical techniques to close sales and confirm customers’ purchase agreement.
• Gathering Intelligence: Collect, analyse and interpret market intelligence and share it appropriately and effectively within your organisation.
• Time Management: Use and adapt appropriate tools and techniques to prioritise and manage your time effectively.
• Collaboration and team work: Contribute effectively within a team environment. Work collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders. Manage communications with the cross-functional team in relation to the effective delivery of your sales, such as finance and service delivery. Support continual business improvement by sharing best practice with sales team colleagues and assist the marketing team to develop new marketing collateral.
• Customer experience management: Deliver a positive customer experience. Manage customer enquiries and issues effectively. Take proactive action to prevent and minimise customer concerns and complaints. Handle all customer interactions professionally to the customer’s satisfaction.
• Digital skills: Effectively use digital tools to conduct research and target customers in line with the overall sales strategy. Able to deliver presentations and meetings using digital communication. Complete accurate records and process sales in accordance with your organisation’s policies, procedures and digital CRM systems.
• Technical Engineering insight and practical knowledge of the Speciality Gas Industry Sector and equipment used herein supplied and manufactured by Spectron GCS (UK) Limited.
The training you will be getting
- Level 4 Sales Executive apprenticeship, including group and one-to-one sessions with a dedicated apprenticeship tutor.
- Coventry based
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Spectron Gas is part of Messer Gases Group of Companies and as such has around 11,500 employees around the world with operations globally so there are a number of progression avenues available, it also runs the MEC academy for younger employees to meet and go on training around the world for their personal development.
Achievement of the standard meets the eligibility requirements for Sales Certification at Level 4 with the Institute of Sales Professionals (ISP).
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C / 4-9) Desired
A Level or equivalent Technical / Science subject (Grade A*-C) Desired
About the employer
THE EDUCATIONWISE ACADEMY LTD
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.