L4 Investment Consulting Apprentice - ISIO (Reading) Isio
Our Investment Consulting apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to develop knowledge and experience in investment consulting focussed on supporting clients with their pension funds and liabilities. You will get to be involved in a wide range of work we do to for our clients and work on live projects.
Closing date: 26 Aug 2024
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
30 Sep 2024
19 Jan 2024
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
What you will do in your working day
Investment Advisory Apprenticeship – the opportunity.
During your Apprenticeship in Investment consulting at Isio you will get involved in:
- Working in a client team to assist in the delivery of client advice, ranging from the appropriate investment strategy to implementation of the chosen strategy
- Setting up our asset liability and allocation models to better understand the client’s range of potential future outcomes
- Preparing and presenting investment monitoring reports to our clients
- Asset class research; evaluating investment cases and current market pricing for asset classes from traditional equities to alternatives such as direct lending
- Researching fund managers and fiduciary managers
- You will be supported with training alongside the other apprentices, your local office team and also national training to help you learn both specific knowledge and effective personal behaviours
- Your learning will be focused on progressing through a Level 4 Investment Operations Specialist Apprenticeship, guided by our external learning partner
- At each stage of the process, you will be in control of your progression and supported by a people manager and a local ‘buddy’, alongside informal mentors across the organisation. Our vision is that after several years you will be an experienced and key member of the team and progressing well to achieving recognition as a CFA Chartered Financial Analyst
- What we are looking for in Apprentices in Investment Consulting
- We are keen to recruit Apprentices who have a strong interest in investments, current affairs and the markets, have good numerical skills, and can communicate with a wide range of people
- We are looking for Apprentices who are enthusiastic and self-motivated to be part of a team and show good levels of self-discipline, organisational skills and time management
We will also be looking to see how applicants align to our core beliefs:
- Power in Partnership: We work in partnership with our clients & each other – building open and trusted relationships. Working together allows us to deliver the best for our clients
- Future Focus: We want to push our industry forward by solving problems in better ways that benefit both our clients & society
- Strength in Difference: We work with diverse perspectives to find better solutions. Working with differences makes us stronger
- People First: We recognise that pensions is a people business People are the source of Isio’s expertise, and it is people’s lives that we affect through our advice
The training you will be getting
As an Investment Operations Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Investment Operations Specialist Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship. Completion of the apprenticeship will result in you being awarded CISI IOC qualification.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Following the programme, you will retain a full time position within the business, where you will continue to progress, learn and develop into senior positions.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade (A*-C/9-4 or equivalent)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
BPP PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Investment operations specialist
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.