A fantastic apprentice opportunity has arisen for someone wanting to kick start a career in finance, at a market-leading company – Pacifica Group Limited. Working within their busy finance team, the apprentice will be part of a friendly and professional team and will enjoy a varied and rewarding role.
Closing date: 08 Mar 2024
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
11 Mar 2024
22 Jan 2024
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Finance Apprentice at Pacifica Group Limited, based in Houghton Le Spring. The role will be within the company’s busy finance team, and the ideal candidate should have the ability to maintain a calm, pragmatic approach under pressure. Accuracy will also be of the utmost importance, and the apprentice will need to have an unwavering eye for detail and be analytically minded.
Main duties will include:
· Analysing Data
· Identifying trends / patterns / anomalies
· Reconciliation of supplier statements
· Financial data report preparation
· Daily reconciliation of bank accounts
· Accounts receivable – invoicing, credit control, and collections
· Purchase Ledger – processing invoices and managing supplier queries
· Use of accountancy software (Exchequer)
· Raising invoices
· Using Clients portal to invoice
· Liaising with Clients, Departmental Managers and Engineers
· Updating the computer system Filing
· Assisting with telephone / email queries
Good IT skills are essential for this role (especially Word, Excel, Outlook and MS Office).
This list of duties is not exhaustive and other tasks may be required.
Probationary period applies.
The training you will be getting
Accounts/Finance Assistant Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
Applicants should be keen to develop a career in accountancy and be able to attend weekly day release sessions for the Accounts Level 2 Apprenticeship at Access Training on Team Valley, Gateshead.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
The apprentice will work towards a professional apprenticeship standard Accounts Level 2 and will have the opportunity to progress onto higher qualifications.
Progression opportunities would be available after completion of the programme as the company are a growing business acquiring new companies (3 in the past 12 months).
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade Minimum Grade A*-C / 4-9) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
PACIFICA GROUP LIMITED
ACCESS TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.