We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and energetic individual, eager to help us achieve our objectives to remain a safe, popular, relaxing hospitality venue in Clanfield. You will learn how to prepare food, clean, manage stock and understand the background to running a hospitality business.
Closing date: 01 Apr 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
02 Apr 2024
22 Jan 2024
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
Be the ‘face’ of the venue, supporting the management of operations efficiently. Deliver an excellent customer experience, inspire a team, creating great communication between Front of House and Kitchen.
Applicants should have or be prepared to develop with coaching:
- Good business awareness for achieving successful performance
- Team-working skills to be able to lead a team and be a part of it
- Strong planning and organisational skills to run a streamlined operation
- The ability to work independently and confidently to make your own decisions but take feedback where appropriate
- Problem-solving and proactive nature, with initiative to resolve issues as they arise
- Experience in a hospitality establishment with a personal alcohol licence or ability to undertake the qualification, supported by the organisation.
Day to day duties will include:
- Helping prepare and serve food
- Managing stock
- Interacting with customers
The training you will be getting
The apprentice will be working towards achieving the Level 2 Hospitality Team Member qualification. All training will be work based. There will also be the opportunity to upskill in Maths and English with a work based trainer alongside the apprenticeship if needed.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Restaurant management, supervision or business management.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 2/E or above or Func Skills L1) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
HAVANT AND SOUTH DOWNS COLLEGE
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
023 9326 9508
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.