Apprentice Large Format Digital Print Operator GRAPE JUICE GRAPHICS LIMITED
Excellent opportunity working for a large format graphics company in the exhibition trade. You will learn about digital printing and finishing, alongside the wider exhibition sector.
Closing date: 15 Mar 2024
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
18 Mar 2024
29 Jan 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Our work takes us all over the UK and into Europe providing exhibitors with first class graphics for their exhibition stands, and the role will provide the opportunity to occasionally travel and work in the exhibition halls. The role would suit someone with an eye for detail who enjoys a challenge. No one job is the same and we are constantly looking to innovate our approach and provide fresh ideas to our clients.
No one day is the same at Space Studio as we provide a number of different solutions for our clients. You will learn to:
- Operate large format printing machines, namely Agfa Anapurna Hybrid and Roll to Roll.
- Large format finishing equipment for cutting, routing and stitching our products.
- More traditional vinyl application work, alongside a host of related requirements.
- There will be a requirement to learn about the different hardware systems we utilise for graphic installation, and working as part of an installation team will be an occasional requirement.
- Opportunity to train and learn about pre-press is available as you progress with your understanding.
- This is computer based work allowing us to generate accurate printing files from supplied digital artwork.
The training you will be getting
Level 3 Print Technician, program delivery to be confirmed.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Following a successful apprenticeship, the candidate will be offered a full time position within the company. As with the apprenticeship itself, this could be a multifunctional role, or more specialised depending on the candidates area of skill.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Art/Design (Grade 4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
GRAPE JUICE GRAPHICS LIMITED
BPIF TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.