Childcare Apprenticeship – NVQ Level 2 HOWLEY GRANGE KINDERGARDEN LTD
Childcare Apprenticeships are all about looking after children aged between 0-5 and helping them to develop physically, socially, and emotionally. Childcare Apprenticeships really are a great route into a varied and fun career. Apply if you have a passion for helping children learn in a nursery setting and are keen to develop your skills in class.
Closing date: 26 Feb 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
27 Feb 2024
17 Jan 2024
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- Providing an excellent range of activities that ensures that the child learns whilst having fun
- Providing challenging and stimulating activities for all children appropriately
- Supporting children’s learning and development, including supporting planning and observations
- Preparing and maintaining the environment and resources for the children
- Preparation of food for breakfast, snack and afternoon tea
- Supporting children’s self-help needs
- Being creative and enthusiastic
- Following safeguarding rules
- Undertaking First Aid training as required
- Undertaking training as appropriate to meet any changes in standards or appropriate legal requirements as required
- Ensuring that all health and hygiene requirements are always adhered to
The training you will be getting
- You will be supported by an assessor throughout your apprenticeship. As you progress through your apprenticeship your duties and responsibilities will alter as you develop the skills for a successful career in childcare.
- Your classroom days will be based in central Birmingham taking place once a week for the first 12 weeks.
- You will gain an NVQ Level 2 Early Years Practitioner qualification with options of progression afterwards.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
During this apprenticeship in childcare, you will have access to excellent training and development opportunities within the role, with the potential to progress on the Advanced Diploma, Level 3 Apprenticeship Early Years Educator
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or Above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
HOWLEY GRANGE KINDERGARDEN LTD
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.