Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Apprenticeship VALVEPRO LIMITED
ValvePro Limited is offering the chance for a candidate to take part in a Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Apprenticeship, we are a valve supply company and our main target markets are the United Kingdom Power, Oil & Gas and Petrochemical industry sectors. We have a network of valve manufacturing supply partners in Europe, North America, India and Asia.
Closing date: 05 Mar 2024
This pay rate is above National Minimum Wage
Pay dependent on experience.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Apr 2024
19 Jan 2024
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
• The initial role will require the Control and Inspection of material coming into the facility from global supply partners.
• Inspection of the material being received will be linked to the purchase order to ensure all incoming material is in full compliance with company requirements / specifications. This will include a detailed inspection of material Heat Number markings and Material Certification where appropriate.
• Preparation of customer orders to ensure that the material is in full compliance with the customer purchase order and all certification is in line with customer requirements and specifications.
• Perform inhouse product testing if applicable or arrange external testing and logistics.
• Preparation and Despatch of Valve/Spares products ready for shipment to end customers.
• Stock material control of valve products, instruments and spare parts. The company has regular stock valve requirements in addition to the import and delivery of project specific orders.
• Ensure that the Warehouse is kept well organised and the correct consumables required to perform day to day business are available. This will include keeping records and contact details for the main suppliers within the Warehouse OneDrive folders.
• Regular stock checks and inspection to ensure that actual stock held in the facility is in line with the stock control system.
• Update and develop Operating Processes within the function, which will cover all activities within warehouse operations to ensure all processes are clearly documented.
• General business support activities as required on a case by case basis.
The training you will be getting
You will be working towards a Level 2 qualification in Supply Chain Warehouse Operations.
Your attendance will be in College one day a month over the full period of the apprenticeship.
The final year will involve completion of a portfolio and preparation for End Point Assessment (EPA). This measures the skills, knowledge and behaviours outlined in the standard and is carried out by ESFA approved organisations independent from the college.
Apprentices without Level 2 English and Maths will need to achieve this prior to taking the End Point Assessment.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Potential of becoming a full time employee
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Supply chain operator
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.