This is an exciting opportunity to join a vibrant and successful Inclusion department working at The St Lawrence Academy. You will be part of a fantastic and highly motivated team that is determined to provide a transformational learning experience for every individual. The role will focus on supporting students academically and socially.
Closing date: 04 Mar 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.25
Possible start date
18 Mar 2024
17 Jan 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- To assist in the educational and social development of students under the direction and guidance of the SENDCo and class teachers.
- Assist students with personal self-care.
- To provide support for individual students inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities.
- To support students during independent / group work (e.g. explaining tasks, reinforcing key objectives, concepts, vocabulary, using practical apparatus)
- To support students with emotional or behavioural problems and help develop their social and learning skills.
- To keep target students on task, motivated, engaged and interested.
- To assist in delivery of reading, spelling, communication and other programmes for small groups of students.
- To assist in the implementation of Individual Education Plans and help monitor student progress.
- In liaison with subject teachers / SENDCo, to contribute to curriculum planning,
- To provide appropriate supervision to individual or groups of students.
- To assist in assessment and review of student progress.
- To assist with day to day management of learning environment. · To use ICT to support learning
- Shares with the SENDCo, teachers, colleagues, supporting professionals and parents issues of concern and positive feedback about the student’s welfare and achievements.
The training you will be getting
Training will be at North Lindsey College where you will access a wide range of facilities on offer.
You will undertake Teaching Assistant Level 3 standard.
You will undertake Functional Skills for English and/or Maths if needed.
You will undertake both on and off-the-job job training by a team of industry-qualified professionals to give you the best skills, knowledge, and experience.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Possible permanent employment.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
DN COLLEGES GROUP
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.