As an early year's educator apprentice, working in a childcare setting with children ages 0–5.The apprenticeship lasts 13 months and requires dedication, commitment &punctuality to be successful. Duties include a range of indoor & outdoor activities, supporting the children with a range of self-care needs such as feeding and personal hygiene.
Closing date: 16 Mar 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
30 Mar 2024
16 Jan 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Creating fun, engaging and safe environment for the children.
- Teaching within the EYFS requirement
- Partaking in a range of indoor and outdoor activities
- Supporting the children with a range of self-care needs such as feeding and personal hygiene
- Communicating with other team members and paren
- Working in a childcare setting with children ranging from ages 0 – 5
- Also, being able to liaise with external customers, parents, to provide a high level of service for the childcare setting.
The training you will be getting
- You will be working towards an Advanced Diploma Early Years.
- Your apprenticeship will last for 13 months, where you will be supported by a dedicated assessor throughout your apprenticeship, as well as a mentor and other staff within the nursery
- This apprenticeship requires dedication, commitment & punctuality for you to be successful
- This apprenticeship will open doors to a variety of future roles & career paths within the childcare sector
- Training will take place in the workplace
- You will need to attend online training with your assessor for 10 days out of your 13-month apprenticeship, for your classroom-based learning and you will be working within the nursery for the rest of the time with the support of your dedicated childcare assessor
- You will complete a qualification in paediatric first aid
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Developing into a Level 3 practitioner, with the potential of a full time position upon successful completion. Other prospects could include applying for:
- Room Leader positions
- Possible Management training
- Springboard into primary education
- Paediatric nursing
- Continuous development in current nursery setting
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
PUDDLE JUMPERS LTD
LEAPING MAN LEARNING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.