We are looking for an Office Administrator to join our close-knit team. Our office is usually fast-paced and every day is different.
Closing date: 11 Mar 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.0
Possible start date
15 Apr 2024
18 Jan 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Answering calls and taking detailed, accurate messages where necessary
- Inputting wholesaler invoices onto our system
- Looking after the filing
- Drawing take-offs
- Sending materials lists to wholesalers to find the most competetive price
- Typing and sending quotes and invoices
- Stationery and supply inventories to ensure all stock is up to date and advising to order more when necessary
- Office cover during staff holidays
- Confident with all Microsoft Office packages
- Polite telephone manner
- Comfortable working both individually and as part of a team
The training you will be getting
The training will be the Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship. This will mainly on a day release basis at the Petroc Barnstaple Campus.
Further details of the training will be discussed on successful appointment of the role, and during the college interview.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
A permanent position as Office Administrator may be offered on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.