Civil Engineering Degree Apprenticeship position in Henley on Thames available SIMPSON ASSOCIATES CONSULTING LTD
Join our well respected civil engineering consultancy and you will have an outstanding career and gain a degree with ZERO student finance. We'll support you through your training to become a fully fledged civil engineer.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2024
6 monthly pay reviews, annual performance bonus, 25 days holiday with the option to purchase additional days.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
02 Sep 2024
15 Jan 2024
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
What you will do in your working day
- You will begin by learning CAD skills which are the basis of all the construction designs we do.
- You will work alongside experienced technicians and engineers to develop your knowledge of building engineering.
- You will translate civil engineers’ and architects’ designs into technical drawings, taking into account elements such as environmental features and utilities, making decisions and recommendations as to how these are dealt with.
- You will communicate with clients, suppliers and colleagues as part of this process.
- As your skills develop, you will then start to be involved in engineering design, working towards designing independently.
- You will be supported all along with on-the-job training and mentoring from our team of experienced, industry-leading professionals at our office in Henley.
The training you will be getting
You will join as an apprentice engineer and start your degree in September 2024. Through this Level 6 degree apprenticeship you will gain a BEng in Civil Engineering from University of West London. Apprentices without level 2 English and Maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end-point assessment. Attending university 1 day a week for 4 years at no cost to you. You’ll be working in the office in Henley for the other 4 days of the week and earning a salary.
NOTE: Candidates must currently live within a practical daily travelling distance of the office in Henley to be considered for the position.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Once you have successfully completed your degree, you will be appointed as a Graduate Civil or Structural Engineer. From there you will progress to managing your own projects as a Civil or Structural Engineer and the next step is to manage your own team of apprentices and graduates as a Senior or Principal Engineer.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
A Level or equivalent Physics (Grade B) Desired
BTEC or equivalent Engineering (Grade Distinction) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
THE UNIVERSITY OF WEST LONDON
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Civil engineer (degree)
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.