Customer Service Parts Advisor Apprentice - Farnham STEER AUTOMOTIVE GROUP LIMITED
Steer Automotive Group are offering a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice Parts Advisor to join their busy workshop. Learning how to provide industry leading services to customers, working with a great team, but also able to work on own initiative.
Closing date: 18 Mar 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
19 Mar 2024
12 Jan 2024
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive training, while in full-time employment.
What will I be doing?
A dedicated pathway containing specialist training for Parts Advisor will run alongside the standard to ensure apprentices gain full knowledge of their specialist area at the appropriate level.
You will cover:
A Parts Advisor will have direct contact with customers, initially taking calls for parts required from both trade and retail customers and supporting the efficient effective supply of parts to the workshop
A qualified apprentice will be able to:
- Be a confident first and last point of contact with customers
- Take customer and workshop orders
- Communicate effectively with both customers and the vehicle technicians
- Manage customer complaints
- Offer advice and guidance for vehicle care, warranty retention and warranty claims
- Sales/advice for accessories and modifications
- Collate information for CSI
- As a Parts Advisor an apprentice will be responsible for ordering, selling and managing stock control on vehicle parts.
Once the apprenticeship is complete they will be able to:
- Take orders from customers both face to face and over the phone
- Maintain an ordered stock room and find parts from stock
- Raise invoices
- Liaise with other members of staff
The training you will be getting
Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- The programme for the Customer Service (Parts Pathway) Apprenticeship incorporates underpinning knowledge delivered in partnership and managed by EMTEC College
- Apprentice will be required to attend block release training 4 x per year
- Apprentices will be required to have or achieve level 1 English and maths and to have taken level 2 English and maths tests prior to completion of their apprenticeship
- Regular review and welfare visits from appointed assessors who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the role holder will progress to full-time employment with the company
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
About the employer
STEER AUTOMOTIVE GROUP LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.