Bodyshop Panel Technician Apprenticeship - Sheffield STEER AUTOMOTIVE GROUP LIMITED
Steer Automotive is offering a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice Vehicle Damage Body Technician to join their team in Sheffield. You will work within the Collision Repair workshop, demonstrating expert working knowledge in relation to the removal, repair and replacement of vehicle body panels to vehicle manufacturer specification.
Closing date: 11 Mar 2024
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
18 Mar 2024
12 Jan 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Your role includes the technical and practical needs for today’s motor vehicle body repair industry. You will study both the theory and practical aspects. The successful candidate will work independently and as part of a team following a defined process, using their skills to correctly identify the different body panel types and have the ability to use the correct repair tools to carry out the work to the highest possible standard.
- Motor vehicle chassis and body alignment, e.g., underbody measurement and its impact on suspension and steering geometry
- Vehicle body types, panel identification, safety systems, materials and alternative fuel
- Use of Body Panel Repair tools, equipment and devices used in the process e.g., alignment jigs, resistance welding equipment, riveting and bonding tools
- Removal and replacement of body panels and associated parts e.g., mechanically fixed components, chemically fixed components
- Interpretation of technical data for joining techniques and replacement panels
- Quality control process and the implications of poor quality
Training will take place via Emtec, Ruddington on a block release model 8 x per year.
The training you will be getting
- Nationally recognised qualifications - IMI Apprenticeship in Vehicle Damage Body Technician Standard - Level 3
- Functional Skills Level 2 (if required)
- Regular review and welfare visits from our assessors who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Upon successful completion and review of the apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to gain employment with the business.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
About the employer
STEER AUTOMOTIVE GROUP LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Vehicle damage panel technician
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.