Forklift Engineering Apprentice (Field Erith, Kent) TOYOTA MATERIAL HANDLING UK LIMITED
We are looking for an enthusiastic person who is looking to learn the skills needed to develop a career as a forklift engineer. This apprenticeship role is an excellent opportunity to combine on the job working, excellent training and development and the opportunity to work for the worlds No 1 forklift truck and materials handling manufacturer.
Closing date: 29 Feb 2024
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
02 Sep 2024
12 Jan 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
The role involves learning the skills to be able to service, maintain and repair forklift trucks and other material handling equipment and study towards an industry recognised qualification. This is a 3 year programme combining college and workplace learning.
As an apprentice you will be working in one of our centres or at one of our customer’s sites, working as part of our service team.
This is what you would be doing:
- Shadowing and working with your mentor and the team to understand materials handling equipment
- Learning about the trucks, how they work and how to fix them
- Block weeks at college where you will learn new skills and take part in both classroom and workshop learning
- Online learning and development with the learning provider
The training you will be getting
- Block release training to Stephenson College, Coalville
- On-the-job training
- Off-the-Job training
- The apprentice will be working towards a Lift Truck and Powered Access Engineering Level 3 Qualification
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Future prospects are potentially available positions throughout Toyota Material Handling.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Engineering (Grade 4-9) Desired
GCSE or equivalent IT (Grade 4-9) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 4-9) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
TOYOTA MATERIAL HANDLING UK LIMITED
THE SMB GROUP
Adjustments for experience
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Lift truck and powered access engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.