Apprentice Equine Groom - Horse Care - Competition Yard NORTHCOTE STUD LIMITED
A keen apprentice wanting to learn about a busy competition yard for this rare opportunity at Northcote Stud. The facilities host a number of British Showjumping affiliated events, as well as hiring out their world class facilities, so plenty of opportunities for the right candidate.
Closing date: 29 Feb 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Mar 2024
12 Jan 2024
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
A rare opportunity has come up at Northcote Stud. The facilities hosts a number of British Showjumping affiliated events, as well as hires out their world class facilities.
The yard consists of 40 horses mainly competition based jumping internationally. The yard currently stands 2 stallions.
The ideal candidate will be looking after the competition horses and all general horse care inc:
- Mucking Out
- Turning out and bringing in
- Grooming inc being taught how to clip
No day is the same at this location with the candidate getting full experience of horse care, and busy show days. The ideal candidate may have the option to go to shows and this location also travel abroad competing internationally.
The training you will be getting
- A level 2 certificate will be awarded on successful completion of the apprenticeship
- All training will take place within the workplace
- Your dedicated trainer coach will visit you at work every 4 weeks
- Functional Skills maths and English if required, apprentices without level 1 English and maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for level 2 English and maths prior to completion of their Apprenticeship
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Progression to Level 3 Senior Groom
- Travelling Groom
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
HADDON TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.