Fugro GeoServices Ltd are seeking a motivated and hardworking individual to join their team as a Metal Fabricator Apprentice. This unique opportunity is ideal for someone whom has interests in metal fabrication and wants to learn and progress in a career within the engineering industry.
Closing date: 15 Mar 2024
Competitive salary accompanied by an attractive package including contributory pension scheme. Option to lease an electric car. Private Medical Insurance. Cycle to work Scheme. Discounted gym membership at a local Falmouth Gym.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
05 Aug 2024
12 Jan 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Fugro is now recruiting for a Welder/Fabricator Apprentice to join our team in Falmouth, Cornwall.
This is an exciting opportunity that will allow you to develop your skills through various interesting and diverse activities and projects.
As an apprentice with Fugro, you will be an integral part of the team, working in a fast-moving environment with an experienced team who will support and mentor you to achieve your qualification and develop your career.
From our Falmouth Hub, we design, build and operate bespoke over water drilling equipment and you will have opportunities to gain first-hand experience both in the workshop and field to see our equipment in action hand to fully understand its purpose and enhance your knowledge.
Who we’re looking for:
- Previous experience or an interest in fabrication and welding is preferred but not essential as full training will be provided
- We are looking for someone passionate to learn and gain knowledge as a tradesman as you will learn a variety of skills in the workshop
- At Fugro no day is the same and we can offer variety that can match your goals for better career progression
What we offer:
- Fugro provides a positive work environment as well as projects that will satisfy the most curious minds
- We also offer great opportunities to stretch and develop yourself. By giving you the freedom to grow faster, we think you’ll be able to do what you do best, better. Which should help us to find fresh ways to get to know the earth better
- We encourage you to be yourself at Fugro. So bring your energy and enthusiasm, your keen eye and can-do attitude. But bring your questions and opinions too. Because to be the world’s leading Geo-data specialist, we need the strength in depth that comes from a diverse, driven team
The training you will be getting
- You will be working towards a Level 3 Metal Fabricator Apprenticeship Standard
- You will receive on and off the job training and support from an assessor and an apprenticeship advisor
- You will be required to attend Cornwall College Camborne on a weekly basis as part of the apprenticeship training
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Potential to progress onto Higher apprenticeship / HNC / HND
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
FUGRO GEOSERVICES LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.