Embark on a fulfilling educational journey with our Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship. Immerse in hands-on learning experiences under skilled educators across diverse settings. Our rich legacy paves your pathway to becoming a proficient TA, making a real difference in learners' lives. Your stepping stone to shaping the future starts here!
Closing date: 11 Mar 2024
£10,158.72 to £20,048.08
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
12 Mar 2024
11 Jan 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Supporting the class teacher in delivering individual and small group teaching, ensuring learners understand their work and promoting positive learning behaviors
- Implementing safeguarding policies and promoting a safe and stimulating learning environment, working effectively with other education professionals
- Engaging in professional development opportunities, reflecting on practice to enhance learners’ progress, and liaising with wider teams to support learner engagement
The training you will be getting
- Qualification: Upon successful completion, the apprentice will achieve a Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Certificate
- Functional skills level 2 will also be provided for applicants without GCSE (or equivalents) English and maths
- Training Location and Schedule: Training will be conducted at Moulton College, with a day release format, one day per week during term time at the main college site
- Training Format: The day release method facilitates a balanced blend of theoretical instruction and practical exposure, ensuring a holistic, well-rounded educational experience
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Following completion of this apprenticeship we would be looking for candidates to progress on to qualified teacher status following the appropriate period of further training. This would be provided free of charge for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.