Dental Nurse Level 3 Standard Apprenticeship Deeplish Dental Practice
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress into an exciting dental career. This outstanding dental practice is looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual to work alongside the dentists. Duties will include assisting in the provision and delivery of dental care to patients, reception duties and decontamination/sterilising in the surgery.
Closing date: 08 Mar 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32
Possible start date
11 Mar 2024
11 Jan 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- This is a fantastic opportunity to progress into an exciting dental career. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual to work alongside the dentist.
- Your daily activities could include:
- Follow practice policies and procedures
- Establish, promote and maintain productive working relationships with all members of the dental team
- Liaise with the practice manager on all matters concerning administration, pay and service conditions
- Assist with reception and clerical duties as required
- Take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your own work
- Responsible for infection control procedures, setting up and preparing the dental surgery at the start of the day, managing infection control between patients and closing at the end of the day, including cleaning and sterilising instruments and equipment
- Set up and prepare the treatment room appropriately for each patient
- Assist in taking radiographs (according to the level of training)
- Maintain and decontaminate equipment in accordance with manufacturers’ instruction and your training
- Provide chairside support to the dentist during treatment
- Monitor, support and reassure patients
- Assist in keeping full and accurate patient records
- Monitor and maintain stocks within the practice
- Maintain CPD and attend annual mandatory training
- Comply with all legislation
- Attend practice meetings as requested
The training you will be getting
Level 3 Dental Nurse, program delivery to be confirmed.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Qualified Dental Nurse
With experience you could:
Move into a team leader, manager or dental practice manager position.
Become a dental hygienist or dental therapist with further training
Become an orthodontic therapist to help dentists improve the look and position of patient's teeth
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Deeplish Dental Practice
THE OLDHAM COLLEGE
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.