Apprentice Nursery Nurse POPLARS BLOSSOMS NURSERY SCHOOL LTD
We are seeking an apprentice nursery nurse to join our team and progress with their level 2. As the nursery has their own unique approach to education full in-house training will be provided. There will be opportunity to work with all age groups in a close team environment and small groups.
Closing date: 04 Mar 2024
Starting wage up to £250.00 per week (36 hours) Bonus for completion of qualification. Opportunity of a pay rise twice yearly.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36
Possible start date
11 Mar 2024
10 Jan 2024
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- Welcoming parents, children and visitors.
- Caring for all children in the nursery.
- Setting up activities and supporting children's involvement in activities.
- Assisting children at meal and snack times.
- Supporting children at nap times.
- Following all nursery policies and procedures including safeguarding of the setting and health & safety of the children's environment.
The training you will be getting
- Early years practitioner Level 2 (GCSE)
- Apprentices who have not achieved the equivalent of level 2 in maths and English, will need to achieve level 1 functional skills in these and work towards level 2 functional skills.
- Apprentices will be allocated a Trainer Assessor and training will be planned and delivered in conjunction with the employer to meet the individual needs of the apprentice.
- The apprentice will spend 20% of their working hours in off the job activities and training.
- On the job and off the job training will be delivered in the workplace.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship course, there may be the opportunity of securing a permanent full-time position at the nursery.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 2-9) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
ACCESS TRAINING (EAST MIDLANDS) LTD
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.