Fugro GeoServices Ltd are seeking a motivated and hardworking individual to join their team as an Electrical Apprentice. This unique opportunity is ideal for someone whom has an interest in this industry. Electricians will use engineering knowledge and understanding to apply their technical and practical skills.
Closing date: 15 Mar 2024
Competitive salary accompanied by an attractive package including contributory pension scheme & Life Assurance Option to lease an electric car. Private Medical Insurance Cycle to work Scheme. Discounted gym membership at a local Falmouth Gym.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
05 Aug 2024
11 Jan 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Fugro is now recruiting for an Electrical Technician Apprentice to join our team in Falmouth, Cornwall.
This is an exciting opportunity that will allow you to develop your skills through various interesting and diverse activities and projects.
As an apprentice with Fugro, you will be an integral part of the team, working in a fast-moving environment with an experienced team who will support and mentor you to achieve your qualification and develop your career.
From our Falmouth Hub, we design, build and operate bespoke over water drilling equipment and you will have opportunities to gain first-hand experience both in the workshop and field to see our equipment in action to fully understand its purpose and enhance your knowledge.
You will learn
- how to electrical fit out bespoke new build and drilling equipment, panel builds, cable runs/retainment’s and PLC installations.
- to troubleshoot, and fault find issues, on new and existing plant, and develop you to seek out solutions.
- to assess performance and conditions of workshop plant, checking for wear and tear furthermore identifying issues.
- how to report issues to supervisors in a detailed accurate format.
You will have the opportunity to contribute ideas towards continuous improvement. You will be part of a team that will ensure health and safety remains the priority within the workshop.
Who we’re looking for:
- As an Apprentice within Fugro we are giving you the exciting opportunity to develop start your career within Electrical Engineering. The successful candidate must have a willingness to learn and develop into the role. You will be working with a team of engineers and have excellent communication skills, verbal and written are imperative.
- We are looking for passionate Electrical Apprentices that have a positive can-do attitude with the ability to work in a busy workshop environment. The Electrical Apprentice will need to hold a Minimum GCSE in English, Maths and Science.
What we offer:
- Fugro provides a positive work environment as well as projects that will satisfy the most curious minds. We also offer great opportunities to stretch and develop yourself. By giving you the freedom to grow faster, we think you’ll be able to do what you do best, better. Which should help us to find fresh ways to get to know the earth better.
- We encourage you to be yourself at Fugro. So, bring your energy and enthusiasm, your keen eye and can-do attitude. But bring your questions and opinions too. Because to be the world’s leading Geo-data specialist, we need the strength in depth that comes from a diverse, driven team.
The training you will be getting
- You will be working towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard in Installation electrician and maintenance electrician
- This apprenticeship consists of a mixture of off the job training and on the job mentoring and development within the workplace
- You will be expected to attend college on a weekly basis for college workshops, and additional attendance if functional skills is required
- Candidates will be required to achieve the Level 3 Electrotechnical Qualification, (Installation) or (Maintenance)
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Potential to progress onto Higher apprenticeship/ HNC/HND.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
FUGRO GEOSERVICES LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Installation and maintenance electrician
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.