Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Knockhall Primary School
Knockhall Primary School are recruiting for Teaching Assistant apprentices to join our team. You will be enthusiastic, caring and interested in how best to support children to learn and develop. In return you will complete your Teaching Assistant qualification in a supportive and friendly school.
Closing date: 14 Mar 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.5
Possible start date
15 Mar 2024
09 Jan 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Contribute to the overall ethos and aims of the organisation and promote diversity, inclusion, equality and acceptance of all learners in line with school policies
- Implement safeguarding polices and safe practice, including online safety, in line with legislation, policies, and procedures including maintaining confidentiality.
- Consistently implementing the school’s behaviour policy.
- Using technology within the classroom to support teaching, learning and pupil development.
- Work in partnership and liaise with other professionals (such as the teaching staff, SENDCo,or external advisors) and parents/carers to support all learners' learning.
- Reflect on own practice and work with your in-school mentor to make the most out of learning opportunities.
- Understand the specific needs of learners and use strategies to support all learners to achieve their learning goals.
- Promote engagement and teach learning behaviours to support the development of independent learners.
- Establish positive relationships with learners and promote positive behaviours, consistently applying the school's behaviour policy.
- Support the social, emotional, mental health, wellbeing and personal care of all learners in line with organisational policy and procedures.
- Support with the delivery of individual and small group teaching within clearly defined/planned parameters in partnership with the teacher and other professionals.
- Contribute to assessment and planning by supporting the monitoring, recording, and reporting of learner outcomes and participation as agreed with the teacher.
- Support the development of a stimulating and safe learning environment by contributing to the selection and preparation of teaching resources that meet the diverse needs and interests of learners.
- Support or lead enrichment activities for example, school clubs.
- Support with classroom preparation.
- Monitor children’s needs and report to a designated leader.
The training you will be getting
Qualification: Level 3 teaching assistant apprenticeship standard
Training Provider: LMP Education (Rated 8th best apprentice provider in UK)! Training provided online.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Full time position to be considered upon completion of apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above or equivalent) Essential
About the employer
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.