Durham Family Dental are seeking a hardworking and enthusiastic Dental Nursing Apprentice to join their team. The successful candidate will gain a Level 3 Dental Nursing Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 26 Feb 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.0
Possible start date
12 Mar 2024
10 Jan 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Full time apprentice dental nurse position within a fully digital private practice.
Roles of a Dental nurse – training will be given in all areas to comply to with the current job description:
● Keep the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate according to the practice’s health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers' instructions.
● Use all equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations and ensure that they are maintained regularly and in good working order.
● Provide chairside assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available.
● Ensure the care and welfare of patients.
● Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed.
● Handle all substances in accordance with health and safety policies.
● Be familiar and comply with all health and safety rules and guidance, including PPE, COSHH, mercury handling, infection control, waste disposal etc.
● Complete laboratory request forms, keep records of work sent, received and fitted.
● Ensure adequate stocks of materials and other items within the surgery.
● Order new stock supplies as necessary.
● Ensure computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored.
● Liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records.
● Attend and participate in practice meetings.
● Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice (perhaps including the duties and tasks of receptionist as required).
● Undergo training as may be required to develop skills and abilities.
● Attend refresher and update training for medical emergencies and CPR.
- Act in accordance with the practice rules and code of conduct.
The training you will be getting
- On the job training
- Day release at Newcastle training offices
- level 3 Dental Nursing Apprenticeship
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Depending on the circumstances of the business upon completion of the apprenticeship programme there could be a potential position of employment available.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.