Do you want a dynamic and exciting career in the automotive industry? Lindleys Autocentre is offering a fantastic opportunity for a Customer Service Advisor to join their busy garage based in Carlton. Learning how to communicate effectively with customers in the automotive industry using management systems and face to face dealings.
Closing date: 18 Mar 2024
Holiday entitlement - 20 + 8 Bank holidays
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
19 Mar 2024
09 Jan 2024
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive training, while in full-time employment.
What will I be doing? The programme covers the technical and practical needs for today’s motor vehicle retail customer service industry. You will cover:
• Understanding customer service within the automotive industry
• Understanding how to communicate effectively with customers in the automotive industry
• Understanding how to deliver reliable customer service within the automotive industry
• Understanding how to use dealer management systems (DMS) relevant to the automotive industry
• Understanding how to recognise and deal with queries, requests and problems in the automotive industry
• Understanding how to develop customer service relationships in the automotive industry
Where could the course take me?
• Advanced apprenticeship to further improve your knowledge and skills
• Career in the motor vehicle retail customer service industry
The training you will be getting
- The programme for the Customer Service Apprenticeship incorporates underpinning knowledge
- delivered in partnership and managed by EMTEC College.
- You will be required to attend the Emtec Training Centre in Nottingham for your 'Block Release'
- Training. This will involve 4 separate 1 week blocks of training per 12 months of your apprenticeship. This is funded as part of your apprenticeship and will include hotel stay, subsistence and travel.
- Service Advisor, Intermediate Apprenticeship (1 year). Framework Training will include:
- Nationally recognised qualifications - IMI level 2 Certificate in Customer Service for the Automotive Industry ATA Accreditation - Customer Service Advisor
- Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/ customer-service-practitioner-v1-1
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the role holder will progress to full-time employment with the company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.