Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship -Nottingham LINDLEY'S AUTO CENTRES LTD
Do you want a dynamic and exciting career in the automotive industry? Lindleys Autocentre is offering a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice Light Vehicle Technician to join their busy garage in West Bridgford. Learning how to carry duties such as investigation, repair and service of vehicles, producing estimates and carrying out diagnostics.
Closing date: 04 Mar 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
11 Mar 2024
09 Jan 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
The Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship is designed to train and develop apprentices in a way that enables them to deliver a high level of performance in the modern automotive vehicle workshop.
The comprehensive programme provides apprentices with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications, while in full-time employment.
This is an unrivalled opportunity with excellent training at Nottingham College and superb future career prospects.
Working for Lindleys Autocentre, the successful candidate will service, repair and maintain vehicles in this thriving garage.
Duties will include:
- Working alongside the current staff to repair and servicing customer vehicles.
- Carrying out diagnostics
- Assist with MOTs
- Other general technical duties and general housekeeping
- Providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers
The training you will be getting
- Nationally recognised qualifications – IMI Apprenticeship in Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair (Standard – Level 3)
- Functional Skills Level 2 (if required)
- Regular review and welfare visits from our assessors who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace
- Training will take place via Emtec, Ruddington on a block release model 8 x per year
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Upon successful completion and review of the apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to gain employment with the business
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
About the employer
LINDLEY'S AUTO CENTRES LTD
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician - light vehicle
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.