Apprentice Learning Support Assistant Level 3 De Aston School
We wish to appoint an apprentice learning support assistant for 32.5 hours per week to join our successful and supportive staff team in our outstanding school. This is an exciting opportunity to join the Learning Support team and to work with our Key Stage 3 to 5 students.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.5
Possible start date
15 Mar 2024
16 Jan 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Candidates will need to be flexible and motivated, willing to participate in all areas of school life, be committed to working as part of an enthusiastic team, have high expectations for themselves and be willing to undertake additional training
- Additional essential criteria include being reliable, being creative and hard working
- As a Learning Support Assistant Apprentice, you will have the opportunity to work closely with children and teachers in helping them achieve success
- Working under the overall supervision of the Senior Learning Support Assistant, you will assist and support teaching and learning, working with individuals or groups and assist in providing for general care, safety, and welfare of pupils
- Contribute to the school’s statutory duty to safeguard and promote the welfare of children
The training you will be getting
You will be working towards a Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification.
You may also need to work towards Level 2 Maths and English functional skills if not exempt.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Possible full time employment.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.