Apprentice Telesales/Business Developer (Alfreton) HOWDEN JOINERY LIMITED
Are you looking for a new challenge that you can earn while you learn? Do you want to be part of an incredible team working towards a common goal, providing excellent service to our customers? The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation. Duties will include; Providing potential and existing customers with the highest level of customer service and support the wider sales team in generating and chasing leads. Focusing on effective customer account management, aiming to increase the company’s customer base and develop long-term collaborative relationships within the building trade. Maintaining up-to-date product and industry knowledge.
Closing date: 06 Mar 2024
Generous Pension Scheme Paid holiday entitlement Team incentives and outings Staff discount on Howdens products
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
11 Mar 2024
08 Jan 2024
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- Providing potential and existing customers with the highest level of customer service and support the wider sales team in generating and chasing leads.
- Focusing on effective customer account management, aiming to increase the company’s customer base and develop long-term collaborative relationships within the building trade.
- Maintaining up-to-date product and industry knowledge.
- Using creative marketing materials to promote Howdens products, depot events and sales periods to new and existing customers.
- Keeping in touch with both leading banks depots regularly via the telephone and using our customer engagement messaging tool.
- Developing long-term collaborative relationships with customers.
- Proactively gaining new accounts, repeat business, and generate qualified leads for the team through outgoing sales calls.
- Processing sales for customers using the in-store payment systems, quoting correct pricing, delivery date and stock requirements.
The training you will be getting
- Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 - Intermediate Apprenticeship.
- Training provided by an in-house Learning & Development Team
Support from an external training provider.
- 15-month programme including a minimum 12 month learning period plus end point assessment.
- Apprentices will be required to have or achieve level 1 English and maths and to have taken level 2 English and maths tests prior to completion of their apprenticeship.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Full-time employment with Howdens.
- Further progression may well be available in other areas within our sector, upon successful completion of the
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths 4 / C (Grade 4 / C and above) Desired
About the employer
HOWDEN JOINERY LIMITED
STAFF SELECT LTD
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.