Business Administration Apprenticeship Church View Surgery
As an apprentice business administrator you will have the opportunity to be involved in a variety of areas within the business. You will be required to support the administration team with the coordination and planning of ongoing projects and as the role grows, you will be involved in project set up, right through to final completion.
Closing date: 28 Apr 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
01 May 2024
08 Jan 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Answering Incoming Calls: Professionally handle and direct incoming calls, providing assistance or redirecting calls as necessary
- General Enquiries by Phone and Email: Respond promptly and courteously to general inquiries received via phone and email, providing accurate information or directing queries to the appropriate department
- Data Input: Accurately input and update data in relevant databases, ensuring the integrity and confidentiality of sensitive information
- Filing: Maintain organised and systematic filing systems for both digital and physical documents, ensuring easy retrieval and compliance with record-keeping standards
- Dealing with Customer Cares: Address customer concerns and inquiries with a customer-centric approach, aiming to resolve issues efficiently and maintaining positive relationships
- Appointment Scheduling: Manage appointment schedules for team members or clients, coordinating meetings and appointments to optimise workflow
- Report Generation: Compile and generate reports as required, summarising key data and trends for review by management or relevant stakeholders
- Communication Liaison: Act as a communication liaison between different departments, ensuring smooth information flow and collaboration within the organisation
- Administrative Support: Provide comprehensive administrative support to the business team, including drafting correspondence, preparing presentations, and contributing to the overall efficiency of daily operations
The training you will be getting
The apprenticeship consists of:
- Level 3 Business Administration Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English
You will attend monthly sessions as part of your off the job training throughout your apprenticeship. Most aspects of your training will be delivered on site by the employer, where you will gain all the skills, knowledge and experience to assist you in this role. Your duties will vary from day to day, and throughout your onsite learning process you will work closely with experienced members of staff.
You will have regular visits every six to eight weeks from your designated assessor, who will help you and monitor your progress throughout your apprenticeship programme.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
There may be an opportunity for the right candidate to stay on at the surgery and progress into different roles or to develop the skills to go on and progress an admin career in a busy working environment.
The Practice also has links with Marjon University.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics GCSE (Grade A* - C (equivalent to 4-9)) Desired
About the employer
Church View Surgery
SKILLS TO GROUP LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.