Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship - Progress Schools (Carlisle) PROGRESS SCHOOLS LIMITED
As an Apprentice Teaching Assistant (TA) in an alternative provision education setting you will develop skills in a role which can be a rewarding way to begin a career in education. You will support teachers across a range of classroom activities. You will receive a competitive salary and 1-1 support from our tutor.
Closing date: 05 Mar 2024
Pension. Death in service insurance. Maternity/Paternity Leave – After required length of service Access to Medicash, including assistance with medical costs amounting to £900 per year. Discounts in retailers, restaurants and even a fuel card.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
06 Mar 2024
05 Jan 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- You will support teachers across a range of classroom activities
- You will support students in 1:1, whole class support or outside the class capacity
- You will give positive encouragement and feedback to ensure pupils are reaching their full potential
The training you will be getting
- You will complete the Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship standard, learning the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to develop into a confident Teaching Assistant
- You will attend weekly 1-1 online teaching and learning sessions, 1-1s and attend regular progress reviews with your tutor and employer. These will be within your working hours
- You will be supported in work by a dedicated mentor
- Functional Skills in maths and English, if required
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Teaching Assistants may progress into learning mentor roles, other social care routes, or teaching careers.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
About the employer
COMPLETE SKILLS SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.