Early Years Childcare Apprentice LITTLEFEET CHILDCARE LIMITED
Childcare is known for being one of the most rewarding career paths, allowing you to be creative and use your imagination, whilst also shaping young lives on a daily basis. You will be a key member of the early years team, responsible for delivering high quality care and education for all children based on their individual needs and interests.
Closing date: 07 Mar 2024
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
08 Mar 2024
04 Jan 2024
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- Work flexibly as part of the larger team, assisting & supporting colleagues
- Promote positive relationships, particularly between self, colleagues, children & parents
- Carry out all related responsibilities, e.g. building relationships with a small group of children & their families
- Create individual learning journey for every child
- Ensure children have an appropriate target set each week
- Ensure understanding & have a working knowledge of all aspects of H&S, Safeguarding & Risks Assessments
The training you will be getting
An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence.
You will be expected to work towards the Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard, with support from your employer and the Chesterfield College Group.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Upon completion you will progress to our fully qualified nursery nurse position, with opportunities to continue training to become a Level 3 Early Years Educator, or progress within the role to take on additional responsibilities, such as fire warden, community liaison officer etc. with supplementary pay.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
About the employer
LITTLEFEET CHILDCARE LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.