Level 3 Early Years Apprenticeship FLYING START NURSERY LTD
We have a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring apprentice to join our team. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who are ambitious and want to gain an early year's qualification while getting experience. You'll create meaningful relationships with the children, your team and with parents.
Closing date: 04 Mar 2024
£8,236.80 to £16,255.20
Dependent on apprentice's age.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
11 Mar 2024
04 Jan 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
A trainee early years educator will be expected to use his/her best endeavours to meet all of these requirements, but it is recognised that this is with the support and guidance of the room leader, deputy manager or nursery manager.
- To take all steps possible to ensure every child is safe and unharmed
Help to promote and safeguard welfare of children and staff and report any concerns about child protection immediately to the designated safeguarding lead
Follow the policies and procedures of the nursery
- Work as a member of the team ensuring the happiness and wellbeing of all children and creating harmony within the nursery
Maintain a good relationship with staff and provide prompt assistance and support to other rooms if requested by the room leader or the deputy/ nursery manager
Be key person for some of the children in this age group, meeting their individual need.
Use the relevant Early Years Foundation Stage document when planning.
- Provide a fun environment for the children that is appropriate to their social, emotional and learning needs
Provide healthy and fresh snacks as required for the children and be aware of children’s toileting needs and act promptly to ensure all nappies are changed as required and promptly
- Ensure the equipment is safe for the children at all times and any equipment requirements are passed on to the room leader/ nursery manager
The training you will be getting
- Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship
- CFE Diploma for the Early Years Workforce
- Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid OR Level 3 Award
- Emergency Paediatric First Aid
- Apprentices will achieve a qualification which has been approved to count towards the EYFS Level 3 child to staff ratios
- Level 2 Functional skills in maths and English, if required
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Once you have finished the apprenticeship, there may be an opportunity to continue working for the same company and progress on to Level 5 Early Years Lead Practitioner, EYITT, ECT or Level 3 Early Years SENCO.
Early years educators are found in a range of settings including day nurseries, playgroups, nursery schools, pre-schools, kindergartens, primary schools, hospitals, social care settings, out of school environments and local authority provision, giving you a broad range of employment opportunities.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 4/C) Desired
About the employer
BEST PRACTICE NETWORK LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.