Level 6 Building Services Design Engineer Apprenticeship WATERMAN BUILDING SERVICES LIMITED
Our award-winning Apprenticeship scheme gives you the chance to contribute to some of the world’s most exciting projects. Apprentices are valued members of our team who have the opportunity to learn from industry-leading experts and best-in-class lecturers, whilst working on 3D modelling and mechanical and electrical components.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2024
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
27 Aug 2024
23 Jan 2024
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
What you will do in your working day
Building Services concerns itself with the mechanical and electrical design for building projects.
- Developing sustainable designs and working with architects to provide ventilation, heating/cooling, lighting and power solutions using 3D modelling software
- The role also covers overseeing the design being constructed and commissioned on site
You will attend the taught elements of your apprenticeship (including 1 day a week studying at Coventry University and 4 days a week working at our Nottingham office).
- Developing knowledge and experience with electrical & mechanical engineering
- Developing knowledge in sustainable and energy efficient solutions
- Developing skills in using 3D building modelling software such as Revit
- Being a key member of the team supporting the design development
The training you will be getting
You will be studying for a BEng (Hons) in Building Services at Coventry University, as well as achieving Incorporated Engineer status with the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) at your End Point Assessment.
In addition to this, at Waterman, you will experience the following continuous learning opportunities:
- Workplace shadowing
- Dedicated mentoring
- Technical skills including software, people skills and health & safety training
- Periodic in-house training from internal or external resource
- Webinars and e-learning
- Development days
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
An excellent opportunity to first work towards becoming an Incorporated Engineer with the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) with full support of a dedicated mentor and line manager, and then work towards becoming fully Chartered once the apprenticeship is completed.
There are excellent opportunities to develop your career within Waterman Group through in-house workshops, online learning, via the annual appraisal process and through CIBSE focused working groups.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
A Level or equivalent Maths and a Physical Science (Grade B (in maths) B, C) Essential
BTEC or equivalent Engineering (Grade DDM or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Building services design engineer (degree)
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.