Apprentice Teaching Assistant- Woodkirk Academy,Wakefield,WF3 1JQ LEODIS ACADEMIES TRUST
To work under the instruction of teaching/senior staff, usually in the classroom with the teacher but may be working with small groups or one to one with pupils to support access to learning. This will include general support, classroom supervision and the implementation of structured intervention programmes alongside other professionals.
Closing date: 23 Feb 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
26 Feb 2024
17 Jan 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Attend to the pupils’ personal needs, and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters
- Supervise and support pupils, both individually and in small groups, ensuring their safety and access to learning
- Establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs.
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher
- Encourage pupils to understand instructions and act independently as appropriate
- Prepare classroom as directed for lessons and clear afterwards and assist with the display of pupil’s work
- Be aware of pupil problems/progress/achievements and report to the teacher as agreed.
- Undertake pupil record keeping e.g. recording assessments as requested
- Support the teacher in managing pupil behaviour, reporting difficulties as appropriate
- Gather/report information from/to parents/carers as directed
- Provide clerical/administrative support - photocopying, typing, filing etc.
- Support pupils in respect of local and national learning strategies - literacy, numeracy, early years, as directed by the teacher
- Support pupils in using basic ICT as directed
- Prepare and maintain equipment/resources as directed by the teacher and assist pupils in their use
- Assist with the supervision of pupils out of lesson times, including before and after school and at lunchtimes
- Accompany teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Any other duties commensurate with the post
The training you will be getting
Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification
Functional Skills-English, maths and ICT if required
ERR - Employment Rights and Responsibilities
PLTS - Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Alongside the Apprenticeship qualification for the Teaching Assistant, you will gain valuable work experience within the setting to enable knowledge, skills, and behaviours to develop
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
For the successful candidate there may be ongoing employment and further progression available.
Leodis Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-5) Desired
About the employer
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.