We are hoping to recruit a hard-working professional as an apprentice pharmacy assistant. For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full time employment and progress to higher level qualifications such as level 3 pharmacy technician. Duties will include checking off, unpacking orders, stock management etc.
Closing date: 27 Feb 2024
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
28 Feb 2024
21 Dec 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
We are looking for someone who has good communication, customer service and organisation skills. This is because you will be talking to a variety of patients who will each have individual needs, so these types of skills are very important. To help you thrive in a pharmacy setting, you should be punctual not only arriving to work but also meeting deadlines, a friendly personality, keen to progress, a caring team member, hardworking and have a willingness to learn.
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English are desired but not essential.
What are the duties of the role?
- Support with patient consultations
- Dispensing medicine
- General admin
- Dealing with over the counter and phone enquiries
- Use of the computer and the pharmacy specific software
- Checking off and unpacking orders
- Stock management
- Date checking of stock
- Processing NHS prescriptions
The training you will be getting
- Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- In-house training
- A lot of support form your tutor and colleagues
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Full-time permanent role for the right person
- Further potential for other training such as a Level 3 Pharmacy Technician apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
WOODSPEEN TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.