School Business Administrator Apprentice HATTON ACADEMIES TRUST
Fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate who will work within the Wellingborough-based secondary school, an independent non-denominational academy providing comprehensive education for girls and boys aged 11-18 and will be working alongside the administrative team. Whilst working towards your Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 15 Apr 2024
£5.28 to £10.18 per hour depending on age and experience
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
29 Apr 2024
20 Dec 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Our client consists of a local network of academies who work together to support all of their students. They are responsible for the education of almost 2500 students. The successful candidate will work within the Wellingborough-based secondary school, an independent non-denominational academy providing comprehensive education for girls and boys aged 11-18 and will be working alongside the administrative team.
Key duties will include:
- Provide a full range of administrative services, primarily for the Administration Team
- Provide reprographics support as required to include; photocopying, stapling, binding, laminating and finishing of Academy resource materials
- Screening and dealing with telephone calls and enquiries
- Typing/word processing of materials to include; letters to pupils/parents, filing, typing minutes, collating/preparing resources, In-touch communications
- Administration of orders and purchases, ensuring all appropriate paperwork is completed in accordance with Academy procedures and chasing delivery as required
- Meeting and greeting visitors, arranging refreshments as required
- Assist with preparing documents using Powerpoint, Excel, Work, and Publisher as directed
- Produce standardised school letters or communications as directed, such as student award certificates, event postcards
- Provide first-line cover for administration colleagues as required, to help ensure continuity of the Academy’s support services, including the exams and data team and the first aid room when required (First Aid Training will be given as part of the role)
- Receive and greet, in a positive manner, all visitors entering the Academy
- Be a point of information for staff, pupils, parents and other visitors to the Academy
- Be a point of contact for any emergency regarding staff, pupils and premises
- Receive all incoming telephone calls promptly and ensure the necessary messages are relayed to staff and pupils
- Administer the meeting room booking system
The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be computer literate. You must have a basic understanding of Microsoft Excel and Word, be able to follow customer briefs and instructions, be able to work to deadlines, strong attention to detail and be able to work well under pressure and as part of a small, hands-on team. Previous customer service experience will be an advantage.
This role will be working towards Business Administrator level 3 qualification supported by starting off.
The training you will be getting
- Business Administrator Level 3
- Remote training delivery
- 6 hours of dedicated training time every week
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Possible fulltime permanent postion upon completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
About the employer
HATTON ACADEMIES TRUST
STARTING OFF LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.