This is an opportunity to work as a Property Maintenance Operative. This opportunity will be varied, offering the chance learn a variety of skills including; electrical, plumbing, glazing, general maintenance within a school setting, health & safety, property management, sports grounds marking plus many more opportunities.
Closing date: 26 Mar 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Apr 2024
20 Dec 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- Supporting the estate team in their day-to-day tasks
- Keeping the site clean, safe and tidy
- Will be involved with Heath and Safety
- Maintaining a listed building
- Working within the 16 acres grounds
- Painting internally and externally
- Carry out repairs, maintenance and improvements of facilities including; electrical, plumbing and glazing
- Basic grounds maintenance and gardening maintenance across the site
- Safe storage of tools and equipment
The training you will be getting
- Level 2 Property Maintenance Operative Apprenticeship Qualification
- Functional Skills Level 2 Maths and English if required
- Blended on/off the job training and location to be confirmed
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
After completion of your apprenticeship you will potentially have the opportunity to progress onto full-time positions within the business.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5/C+) Desired
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Maxim Business Training
Property maintenance operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.