Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship - East Barnet School INSPIRE ATA LIMITED
As part of the (Additional Educational Needs) AEN team, you will be responsible for promoting the inclusion of all students, assisting with and scaffolding the students’ learning. Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment, in accordance with lesson plans and assist with the display of pupils’ work.
Closing date: 29 Feb 2024
£6 per hour (Please note the apprenticeship NMW is increasing in April (https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates). Your wage will increase to the NMW for your age after 1st year.
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
05 Mar 2024
20 Dec 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Duties and responsibilities/job specification:
Support for the Students:
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher
- Set challenging and demanding expectations and promote self-esteem and independence
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher
Support for the Teacher:
- Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment, in accordance with lesson plans and assist with the display of pupils’ work
- Use strategies, in liaison with the teacher, to support pupils to achieve learning goals
- Assist with scaffolding of learning activities
- Provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on pupils’ achievement, progress, problems etc.
- Promote good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour
- Establish constructive relationships with parents/carers
- Administer routine tests and invigilate exams
Support for the Curriculum:
- Assist with the implementation of structured and agreed learning activities/teaching programmes, adjusting activities according to pupil responses
- Assist with the implementation of programmes linked to local and national learning strategies e.g. literacy, numeracy
- Support the use of ICT in learning activities and develop pupils’ competence and independence in its use
Support for the School:
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Be aware of and support difference to ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
- Accompany teaching staff and pupils on educational visits, trips and out of school activities as required
The training you will be getting
Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship (https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/teaching-assistant-v1-0). Please note all learning will be delivered remotely/online alongside your full-time placement at the school.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Possible full-time employment upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.