DAF Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship - Portsmouth ADAMS-MOREY LIMITED
Skillnet are recruiting on behalf of DAF who have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to kick start their career and join their skilled team as a heavy vehicle technician. Duties include carrying out checks, replacing / repairing engine parts and using the latest diagnostic equipment. If you are interested, apply now!
Closing date: 30 May 2024
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Jun 2024
19 Dec 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
A Heavy Vehicle Service Technician will inspect, maintain, and repair large vehicles weighing 3.5 tonnes and over.
The heavy vehicle technicians jobs fall into three main categories:
- Servicing - carrying out checks
- Maintenance - replacing / repairing engine parts
- Diagnostics - using the latest diagnostic equipment
As an apprentice, you will observe, learn and gain an understanding of a wide range of engineering skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff.
You will be able to:
- Demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team
- Learn and understand the importance of health and safety within the workplace
- Learn the fundamental technologies - heavy vehicle chassis design, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, etc
- Develop the skills to construct or modify apparatus and instruments from verbal instructions and drawings
- Learn how to maintain workshop equipment and to keep it in good repair
The training you will be getting
Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Level 3 (A level).
This is a Heavy Vehicle Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship Standard, delivered by Skillnet.
When on a DAF Apprenticeship you will be required to attend the City of Bristol College 4 times a year for two weeks at a time. All accommodation and travel costs are paid for. You will also be assigned a dedicated skills coach who will contact you every 28 days at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualifications:
- Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Level 3
- Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Possible full-time employment.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.